Sunday, March 29, 2009

Updates

Well, I'll start off with a weight loss update. I've lost 14 pounds now! I'm super excited. I feel so much better in so many ways. It's great. I've got a way to go, but I'm trying to just think about it a few pounds at a time.
Tae is doing well. She's so funny. I wish I would remember to write everything down that makes me laugh. She's been asking about her brown skin lately. I've always told her how beautiful her brown skin is, but lately she's been comparing hers to mine. Well, she's also been asking about her dad. So, I told her she got brown skin because her dad's skin is black and when it mixed with my skin, it made hers brown. Well, I don't really think she understood what black skin was, so I found a picture of her dad and pointed out the difference between his color and mine. Well, my mom was watching her later that day and Tae said something about her being half black and half white to my mom. Then she got a little confused and held out her arms and said "Grandma, which half is black, and which half is white?" LOL - oh my goodness, I got a kick out of that when my mom told me. I'm trying to make her aware of things now because I just don't know how kids will react when she gets to school. I think there are enough "mixed" children now that nothing will be said, but I don't want it to catch her off guard.

Another exciting update - I was able to go through the temple yesterday to receive my endowments. It was such an amazing experience. It was overwhelming at times but I can't wait to go again and often so I can understand it better. My mom, Aunt Jennifer and Aunt Marcella went with me. It was so nice to have their support. Jennifer took some pictures that I will try to get on here soon.

OH - and our cat had 3 kittens...anybody want one?????

5 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Hey Tessa! It's Katie 'Rogers' Cluff It's so good to see you on here! Congrats on going through the Temple that's great! It's fun to see how you are doing! Awesome elk below! Your welcome to check out my blog if you want :) It is www.bkcluff.blogspot.com

Erharts02 said...

I'm so proud of you sister! You are amazing, keep up all the good work!!! I freakin love Tae she is such a goof!

Katlyn Papa said...

Sounds like you are a busy woman Tessa. Congratulations on the 14lbs. I wish I could lose even 10 but it ain't happening. I need your motivation!
I'm so glad that you got to go to the temple! That's exciting! If you ever need someone to go with give me a ring 243-3601. I even have a built in babysitter for you!
Tae will be just fine! She's just like her mom. Sure and sweet so she will sail through it all! What a cute little story though! That's one to remember for years down the road!!!

britney said...

ah! Tess - I think I might just kick your BUTT!! You never told me you were getting your endowments! Congrats! that is so exciting for you....and of course, I wasnt even invited to go through with you. Good job, but I guess I forgive you! Anyways - we are coming down today, so I will have to stop by when Im there. :)

ps -- Tae is adorable. - I love how kids take stuff so literally. Allie does the same things all the time and I love how they keep you on your toes! :)

{nicole coombs} said...

Hey thats so awesome that you went through the temple! How awesome is that!